Ijen crater or Kawah Ijen, as it is known locally is Indonesia’s famous sulfur belching volcano. It is here that hundreds of men carry out one of the most gruelling and dangerous jobs in the world. The work at Kawah Ijen begins with a 3 km climb up to the crater rim and down to the vent, where the sulfur forms. The sulfur is broken into manageable pieces with nothing more than metal rods. The miners have little to none safety equipment and have to battle the toxic sulfuric fumes which are constantly expelled from the vent. Once the sulfur is broken up, it is loaded into bamboo baskets. The weight of the loads starts at 50kg and sometimes exceed 100 kg. The men carry the sulfur up a winding path of crumbling rocks and sand, a step in the wrong direction can mean death. The reward awaits at Ijen sulfur collection base, where the miners can expect an amount of money considerably larger than anything they’d make from most other jobs in rural.
We are ijen expedition tour offers you to see how the Ijen crater and the daily life sulfur miners.
the tour that we offer our intentionally made to look and compare the natural beauty of Ijen crater and hard life of sulfur miners
- 2 person sharing Price: Rupiah 5.135.000
- 3 person sharing Price: Rupiah 7.340.000
- 4 person sharing Price: Rupiah 9.450.000
DURATION 3 day/2 night
Pick up service, Check in hotel in Tamansari village /stay in sulfur miner house, free program
Full Day Tour start at 01.00 Am : Kawah ijen ( Blue fire, caldera ijen, lake kawah ijen, sulfur miner ) sulfur prosesing, village trakking, traditional coffe prosesing
Day 3 :
Transfer out, program finish
What is included
- Akomodasi 02 night ( home stay/hotel )
- Transfer in & out Hotel
- Tour & breaks fast, lunch, and dinner
What is not included
- Anything that is not specifically mentioned in the “Inclusions” are pax account.
- Terminal and Environmental Fees not included
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, mini bar etc.
- Surcharges applies during Peak season / High season & Holidays
- Strictly No Cancellation or Amendments upon confirmation of booking. No show on booked dates will render services forfeited.
What to know before you book
- Minimum of 2 pax to avail the package.Check-in time is 2:00 pm and Check-out is 12 noon.
- Booking is subject to Room & Tours Availability
- All price quoted are subject to change without prior notice
- All guest must present Valid photo identification at the time of check in
- All rates are quoted per person