Mount Bromo is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Indonesia. It is located in East Java and is part of the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park. The volcano is active, and last erupted in 2010.
If you are planning a trip to Mount Bromo, here is a complete guide to help you plan your trip.
The easiest way to get to Mount Bromo is by flying to Surabaya, the capital of East Java. From Surabaya, you can take a bus or a taxi to Probolinggo, which is the closest city to Mount Bromo. From Probolinggo, you can take a jeep or a motorcycle to the park entrance.
There are many tour packages available that will take you to Mount Bromo. These packages usually include transportation, a guide, and entrance fees.
One popular tour package is the Bromo Midnight Sunrise Tour. This tour departs from Surabaya or Malang at around midnight and arrives at the park entrance in time for sunrise. You will then hike to the top of Mount Bromo to see the sunrise over the crater.
Another popular tour package is the Bromo Ijen Combo Tour. This tour combines a visit to Mount Bromo with a visit to the Ijen Crater, which is another active volcano in East Java. The tour departs from Surabaya or Malang at around 3:00 PM and returns to Surabaya or Malang at around 10:00 PM.
What to do
The main thing to do at Mount Bromo is to see the sunrise over the crater. The sunrise is truly spectacular, and is a must-see for any visitor to the park.
In addition to the sunrise, there are other things to do at Mount Bromo, including:
- Hiking to the top of Mount Bromo: The hike to the top of Mount Bromo is relatively easy, and takes about 30 minutes. Once you reach the top, you can see the crater up close.
- Visiting Pura Luhur Poten: Pura Luhur Poten is a Hindu temple that is located on the slopes of Mount Bromo. The temple is a popular spot for sunrise viewing.
- Riding a jeep to the crater: If you don’t want to hike to the top of Mount Bromo, you can take a jeep. The jeep ride takes about 15 minutes.
What to pack
When packing for your trip to Mount Bromo, be sure to include the following items:
- Comfortable shoes: You will be doing a lot of walking, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
- Warm clothing: It can be cold at the top of Mount Bromo, especially early in the morning.
- Sunscreen: The sun can be strong at the top of Mount Bromo.
- A hat: A hat will help to protect you from the sun.
- Sunglasses: Sunglasses will help to protect your eyes from the sun.
- Water: Be sure to stay hydrated, especially if you are hiking to the top of Mount Bromo.
Here are a few tips for visiting Mount Bromo:
- Book your tour package in advance, especially if you are traveling during the peak season (June-August).
- Arrive at the park entrance early to get a good spot for sunrise viewing.
- Be prepared for crowds, especially during the peak season.
- Be respectful of the local culture and customs.
Mount Bromo is a truly spectacular place to visit. With its active volcano, stunning sunrises, and rich culture, it is a must-see for any visitor to Indonesia.
Fast Respons WhatsApp/+6285748711646